ICQ is shutting down June 26th 2024

Started by Tjalle, June 05, 2024, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Dale

Mine quit working years ago.  They wanted me to put it on my cell phone and I said no way.

LennyM95

Selling low icq number. Impress you friends with your ICQ age.

Troop

Everything is better when you are wearing purple shoes.

Sara Dale

LennyM95

well your number is younger than mine but I can still log into ICQ and you can't ;-)

Still for sale, I know someone wants it.

Shalimar

Mine stopped working not long after I came back to UO. I remember having a long conversation with Hoffs on it (I think he wanted to verify it was really me, hehe) Anyway, a few months after coming back it suddenly stopped letting me log on and I had to go through all sorts of hoops to get it working again, even bought a cheap phone and gave them that number because there was no way I was giving them my real one.

I only use discord these days and stratics if necessary.

9626593 (Elaine) was mine.
Shalimar Guildmistress of NEW

Torin

I will miss ICQ. - In the old times I used it quite often.

Still remember in 2001, when I hit the limit of users you can have on your ICQ list. I could only add a new one, when I delete an old one.

Think they didnĀ“t expected that someone can have 2000 names on his ICQ list. (that was the time when I was very active in UO on Europa server)

Some months later they changed it and you could add more. - But meanwhile I deleted my old ICQ number, as I was not able to play anymore. - My next number I cared more and I never went higher then 450 names.

Anyway. I really will miss this... like the good old times....