Question for Treasure Hunters?

Started by N49ATV, December 16, 2008, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N49ATV

Hello, I have a question for you treasure hunters. When I played before (pub16) i had a treasure hunting bard. Now Im looking to make a similar template, on this shard (not 7xgm, and with 120s)

What skills are needed for chests here? I know tele doesnt work. So Ill need lockpicking, and remove trap. Do I require detect hidden here inorder to remove the trap?

Also I head that even with GM remove traps, you still fail on chests? Is this the case. I just tried TC1, and it seemed to work 100% of the time on dungeon chests. Though Im not sure that TC1 is the same settings as here on seige.

I know someone is gonna say, you dont need Remove traps, as all T-Maps are explode. And all I would need is a fire suit. And as I agree, I will do that to begin. Id like to get the skills on stones, so that I can also do deep dungeon chests, as I hunt, or to try and get some good magical items.

So if anyone could enlighten me, as I find stratics is far from accurate, and Im far behind the times.

Thank you in advance.
It may be short, but it sure is skinny

Ktorr

I have been doing T-maps solo, even level 6s, for some time.  Only skills that are absolutely necessary are...

Cartography - you can decode map, them put Cart on stone and still dig up chest
Lockpicking

Whatever other skills fit your preferences for dealing with the spawn.

Up to, and including level 5 maps, you can solo with just Magery.  No Med or EI needed.
Guardians up to this point can be taken out with summons.

For level 6s, either get Taming, or bring friends.

Hiding/Stealth helps, but that's the same for just about anything on Siege.

Enigma

Carto/lockpicking and faction Monster Ignore for the win.

N49ATV

How do you deal with the boom at lvl6? 70 Fire suit at high HP? Is tamer that much better than bard now, with the difficulty based barding? I know when I did it, GM provo (which was insain to GM) meant 100% success, and GM peace was 100% success. I know what is not the case, but how are they at 120? I used to just bring up chest, lock pick it. Tele to remove trap, open chest, preload peace, pull an item, target self to do area calm, and walk out. and start to bard. I would swap to tamer template if it was more benificial. As I also had a tamer mage, and that was ok, just a little more boring with all kills, instead of thinking best way through the map, to have a weak opponent at the end, to ev or such.

Id like to get remove traps, just to have, but might sit on a stone. Id do that after everything else. Now do you do the lvl5 dungeon chests? I used to make a good mint on dungeon runs, with decent armor/weps. Usually a ton of PvP ones, and a few deadly PvM. I supposed a few suits at 70 in fire, poison, and then phys, could take out the dungeon chests, with high hp.

And from the comments, I assume detect hidden isnt needed for remove traps?

Tjalle

Quote from: N49ATV on December 16, 2008, 03:54:56 PM
How do you deal with the boom at lvl6?

I don´t think there´s a "boom" from dug up chests. Only the ones found on monsters...

Ktorr

All T-chests go BOOM.  Have 70 Fire resist and 100 hps and you will live through every Bang, even level 6s.

As for Barding,  Level 6 chests spawn Balrons and AWs, and I believe their Barding difficulty has been tweeked a bit.
I have GM Music/Provo/Peace/Disco, with jewls to push Music and any one of the other up to 120, and I fail too often
to suit my liking.

My Greater Dragon can handle the initial 4 critters that spawn when the chest first pops up, level 5 and below that is, ALL AT ONCE, and I don't
have to Vet him.  Just throw a Gheal once in a while.

And I believe you do need Detect Hidden to be able to remove trap,  otherwise, how did you "know" it was there?
Not sure on this though.

I also occasionally do Dungeon chests, and I believe they only go up to level 4.  Treat the same as t-chests.  70 Fire/100HPs.
And have a few Gcure pots for the occasional level 3 you come across.

Funny thing about Dungeon chests.  You can stealth up to it, pick the lock open it (boom may/may not reveal you) and loot the chest while staying hidden.
But if you use remove trap, it WILL reveal you every time.  And I hear that even at GM R/T, you will still fail sometimes and set off the trap.

Oh, and the LP/Cart + MI comment, that makes you a Treasure Looter, not a Treasure Hunter.  Again, JMHO.

Honeycomb

Quote from: Enigma on December 16, 2008, 01:44:20 PM
Carto/lockpicking and faction Monster Ignore for the win.

Unfortunately true.

Just join factions and get the hour-long monster ignore, and you will be good to go.  No bard or taming skills needed.   =(  I'm not sure what is necessary beyond joining factions, to get the hour-long monster ignore.

Honor is another option.  A GM mage can max out honor pretty easily with summons.  Once you max out honor you can make the monsters ignore you for a minute, which should be long enough to loot a treasure chest.

Honeycomb

Honor Treasure Hunter
Cartography 100
Lockpicking   100
Magery        120
Evaluate Int  100  (for kill shot damage)
Focus          120  (for mana, but dont need meddable armor)
Hiding          100
stealth          60-80  (To escape pks with your loot)

Summon stuff and kill stuff to max out Honor.

Cart and find chest.
Pop chest.
Heal.
Hide.
Embrace honor so the monsters ignore you for a minute.
Loot the chest.
Hide.
Stealth away with your loot.

N49ATV

Ok, interesting. Now do you require cartography on you to dig chest up now? Or do you just need it to decode the map?

Honeycomb

Quote from: Ktorr on December 16, 2008, 11:11:57 AM
I have been doing T-maps solo, even level 6s, for some time.  Only skills that are absolutely necessary are...

Cartography - you can decode map, them put Cart on stone and still dig up chest
Lockpicking

Whatever other skills fit your preferences for dealing with the spawn.

Up to, and including level 5 maps, you can solo with just Magery.  No Med or EI needed.
Guardians up to this point can be taken out with summons.

For level 6s, either get Taming, or bring friends.

Hiding/Stealth helps, but that's the same for just about anything on Siege.

N49ATV

Ah i missed that small part of it. I used to solo lvl5 on bard, without taking a single scratch, but that was pre difficulty based provo/peace. Now I think i might have to lean towards a tamer. As stated a greater dragon, can more than do the job.

Thanks a lot for all your input

Aurora

The other question that was sort of hinted at but not answered definitely is...yes you must have detect hidden to be able to remove the trap.

N49ATV

How does a greater Dragon, handle the lvl6? I know its gonna need some vet, but can it be done alone with 1 drag? I have never fought an ancient wyrm, so couldnt comment on that.

Ktorr

I lead my Dragon 3 screens away from where the t-chests is to be dug up and "park" him there.  (All Stay)
Go back and dig up the chest, hitting my Hide macro just before the guardians pop.  Stealth a screen away,
reveal myself (no jokes please), flag on one of the critters and lead it back to where my dragon is waiting.

This is only needed for each Balron or AW that spawns.  Anything else, Blood, Poison, Titan or LL it's not
necessary.  Dragon can take on all 4 of them at once and not even go below 50% health.

A Greater D, moderately trained can take a Balron 1v1 with lite Veting.  An AW with moderate Veting.

After the initial 4 guardians spawn, and are disposed of,I have my Dragon right next to me, guarding while
I empty the chest.  Then just deal with any additional guardians as they show up.

If you would like a demo, just let me know.  I have some level 6s I need to get around to sometime anyway.

N49ATV

Yeah, id love to tag along. I plan on making a T-hunter, because I had a lot of fun doing maps. I found it better than camping eldger gazer rooms, or sitting at a perticular spawn in a dungeon.

My ICQ is 397-074-629, whenever we are on together, and your up for it, id like to check it out.